Company: NAMI Massachusetts
NAMI Massachusetts is committed to building a diverse workforce and welcomes people of all cultures, races, identities, and experiences.
NAMI Massachusetts, the state’s voice on mental health issues, seeks a well-rounded fundraising professional with experience coordinating major events to manage its annual fundraising Walk, annual campaign, and all other one-to-many donor fundraising programs, such as e-mail, direct mail, and social media in order to meet target revenue goals.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate annual fundraising event, NAMIWalks Massachusetts, including retention of veteran teams, recruitment of new teams, setting goals with 17 affiliates, coordination with NAMI National Walk event management staff, day-of Walk event logistics, compliance with municipal ordinances, permits, and safety requirements, accuracy and integrity of team results data, and all communications and social media.
- Coordinate four-month Annual Fund Campaign, utilizing multiple channels (social media, email, phone, direct mail solicitations) to achieve fundraising target.
- Create annual and monthly fundraising/Development plans consistent with NAMI Mass operating budget and multi-year strategic plan.
- Identify high potential donors from Walk donors to fill the Major Gifts Officer prospect funnel.
- Create and maintain annual plan and Development Department calendar to ensure coordination with Major Gifts Officer and other NAMI staff.
- Coordinate monthly donor giving programs, including strategy, tracking, and deployment.
- Coordinate with outsourced Grant Writer in securing documents for grants as needed.
- Supervise Donor Relations Coordinator and Walk Intern.
- Closely collaborate with Major Gifts Officer to ensure integrated fund development strategy.
- Work with Finance and Development staff to create and manage revenue and expense budgets for contributed revenue.
- Facilitate Development team meetings.
- Create and track metrics and reports on Development activity and results and regularly share progress with Executive Director.
- Ensure financial reconciliation with CFO, within 30 days of end-of-month close.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- At least five years of experience in development, including major event management, in a mission driven organization
- At least three years of supervisory experience
- Professional or personal experience in navigating the mental health system
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and consciousness of how your own culture, race and identity is located in and may impact this work
- Results driven and able to hold self and others accountable
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and meeting facilitation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, Canva or other design program, and social media
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to travel throughout the state
NAMI Mass provides competitive pay, a generous benefits package, and a supportive environment where you will be rewarded for your contribution to our success.
To apply, email email@example.com. Please include a cover letter stating why you are interested in this position and your salary expectations, your resume, and two writing samples.
About NAMI Mass:
The National Alliance on Mental Illness of Massachusetts (NAMI Mass) is a statewide, nonprofit grassroots education, support and advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of people diagnosed with mental health conditions and their families. Founded in 1982, NAMI Mass is the state’s voice on mental health issues.
NAMI Mass does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Job type: Full Time
Fully remote: No
Salary range: $65,000 – $82,000
Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.