Company: The Castle Group
We’re talking with candidates with at least 5 – 7 years of communications experience.
Castle’s hiring approach is “people first:” we focus on skills, a passion for storytelling, innate curiosity and growth potential. We look at what you bring to the table, rather than focusing on a cookie cutter job posting. We focus on people’s future potential and not their past experience.
Celebrating our 26th anniversary, Castle is a certified women-owned business excited about our growth (our PR team has doubled in the past year) and award-winning recognition by Forbes, Inc., PR News and the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce. Our collaborative team, driven by our scrappy attitude, brings ideas and energy to our clients, who are social innovators in diversity and inclusion, corporate leaders, healthcare heroes, beloved retail brands, nonprofit champions and startup visionaries.
We seek additional colleagues who care about our world (business, politics, news, social movements, civic engagement, pop culture) and are eager to work with mission-oriented and corporate clients at the intersection of business and policy across industries. Ideally, you are relationship driven; intellectually curious and entrepreneurial in spirit; enthusiastic about their clients and their work; superior writers; fascinated by how the private and public sectors leverage, influence, and work together, and the different mediums to help deliver your message.
Castle is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, in our company, in our community and through the clients and organizations with which we partner. Please read more about our commitment to equity on our website. We’re dedicated corporate citizens and are proud to be actively involved with many important nonprofits. (Learn more about our culture on our Instagram.)
Castle team members benefit from a flexible work schedule (two days in office, three remote) and “All Season Fridays,” where every employee has alternate Fridays off; 401k with match; health, vision and dental insurance; and much more. You’ll work with smart, kind, funny people who care about their work and each other, with a mutual commitment to an inclusive workplace and to having fun while delivering amazing work.
All team members work directly with, and learn from, senior leaders in a truly collaborative culture. Managers develop, lead and mentor talented teams.
This role is expected to assist senior leadership with strategy creation, and will lead junior staff when it comes to making the strategic tactical.
Everyone is encouraged to spread their entrepreneurial wings, freely sharing best practices and ideas that fuel our ability to be even better each day. New team members will help drive our momentum by delivering outstanding client results and service, while demonstrating our culture and values.
Client Management Responsibilities
- Manages client projects/programs in coordination with senior team members (Director, VP, Managing Director or Principal) depending on size of account
- Identifies and sends information of value to client’s business with insights
- Delivers top quality work to clients, including releases, pitches, reports and memos
- Effectively builds/maintains successful client relationships
- Proactively communicates with clients regularly around ideas and initiatives; leading calls and other regular communications
- Leads account teams to quickly find and share client news with context
- Provides details and solutions to senior leadership on any and all issues related to client satisfaction
- Writes strong – press releases, backgrounders, feature material, etc.
- Oversees the creation of strong written material from junior team members; providing edits and constructive feedback
- Demonstrates good judgment in all written client communication
- Helps develop client media strategy and assists team media outreach
- Secures coverage in key client media and generates story topics/ideas; coaches junior team on pitching best practices
- Reads/follows key media to understand beats and coverage opportunities
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with top-tier journalists
- Uses MuckRack and relevant tools effectively for research and monitoring
- Strong understanding and curiosity of the social media landscape (trends, platforms, metrics.) .
- Knowledge of social networking, such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok for the professional environment
- Manages client projects/programs with supervision from an AD, VP or SVP depending on size of account
- Thinks ahead – preps for meetings, upcoming projects with team, tracks program KPIs
- Checks in with team members on their progress/needs
- Contributes insights and opinions to career development reviews of direct reports
- Alerts managers immediately to any internal or external challenges
- Personifies the definition of a “team player”
- Has a sense of urgency and dedication to advancing the work process efficiently
- Understands how to use our timekeeping platform, the essentials of accurate timekeeping and updates time daily
- Finds effective solutions to challenges
- Has a proven ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Actively supports the agency’s diversity, equity and inclusion goals and programs
- Embraces agency culture of collaboration
- Participates in an agency committee (DEI, wellness, website, corporate social responsibility, and more)
- Represents agency at external events
- Builds other organizational relationships of benefit to agency and/or clients
- 5 – 7 years of communications and/or social media experience
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in public relations, communications, journalism, business or other related field of study
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); SharePoint and OneDrive experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a background in AP-style writing
- Previous agency experience a plus!
- Working proficiency in Spanish, a plus!
If this resonates, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply via the link below. Applications will not be considered without a resume and cover letter.
Headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta and on Maui, Castle leverages its local connections and global reach to create communications strategies that deliver business results through PR, events management, crisis communications, marketing, and social media. Founded in 1996, the agency is a certified women-owned business and a member of the Public Relations Global Network, an exclusive community of more than 50 affiliates representing the world’s major media markets. Our client roster includes Fortune 500, high-growth start-ups, social justice and equity-focused nonprofits, education and healthcare.
Castle has won numerous local, national, and international awards and was named a Forbes 2021 Best PR Agency, Inc. 2023 Power Partner, a PR News Elite Agency and the 2021 Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Small Business Champion. Learn more at thecastlegrp.com.
We’re a collaborative, community-immersed, women-owned business, working at the intersection of what’s next for our city: equity and inclusion, business and innovation, science and technology. If you have a passion for making an impact and want to work with smart, funny, kind people, please apply!