Company: City of Malden
The Outreach Specialist is responsible for promoting participation in energy efficiency and housing rehabilitation programs to make Malden’s homes and businesses more efficient, climate resilient, affordable, and safe. Working under the direction of the Deputy Director for Housing and Community Development, the chosen candidate will lead a comprehensive community outreach program to increase engagement in Malden’s Housing Rehab programs and Mass Save’s energy efficiency programs.
- Connect residents and small businesses with Mass Save and Malden Housing Rehab programs through public engagement strategies, such as events, presentations, local media, canvassing, phone banking, and direct contact.
- Assist interested residents in applying for Malden Housing Rehab and Mass Save programs. Conduct initial outreach and follow up on inquiries and incomplete applications. Collect relevant information and submit completed applications for approval to the appropriate program manager.
- Lead the City’s participation in the Mass Save Community First Partnership initiative, which promotes Mass Save and Malden Housing Rehab programs through direct mail, social media, canvassing, public meetings, tabling events, digital communication, and other methods.
- Develop and execute these strategies in concert with Mass Save and a Malden-based Steering Committee.
- Engage community organizations, businesses, faith communities, volunteer groups, and other partners, including renters, low and moderate income people, people of color, and immigrants in outreach efforts.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns with Mass Save.
- Recruit and manage Language Ambassadors, Street Team members, and volunteers.
- Assist Housing Rehab staff with various tasks, such as progress reports and resident communication.
- Respond to customer-specific questions in consultation with relevant OSPCD staff.
- Track and report progress as required.
- Attend all applicable meetings and trainings.
- Support coordination between coalition partners, program managers, and vendors.
- Must be a self-starting, community-focused organizer who is passionate about building resiliency to climate change.
- At least one year of experience organizing within diverse communities and in building coalitions. Two or more years of experience in community organizing and volunteer management preferred.
- Culturally competent communication, strong customer service, and willingness to learn from and work with people from all backgrounds.
- Familiarity with outreach tactics, social media, or digital marketing a plus.
- Ability to track and report data and file regular reports through program software.
- Proven ability to work with a group and on individual projects as assigned.
- Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends, including tabling events, speaking at public meetings, and conducting community outreach efforts.
- Eagerness to connect with residents, businesses, and community groups to make homes and businesses more efficient, climate resilient, affordable, and safe.
- Experience working with HUD-funded Housing Rehab programs a plus. Willingness to learn HUD and Mass Save policies regarding income limits, fair market rent, income verification, and other procedures required.
- Preference will be given to multilingual candidates.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Director, City of Malden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job type: Full Time
Fully remote: No
Salary range: $53,927.03 – $59,525.35 (3 year grant funded position)
Location: Malden Massachusetts
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.