Company: Massachusetts Assisted Living Association
The Massachusetts Assisted Living Association (Mass-ALA) is a not-for-profit association dedicated to supporting certified assisted living residences in Massachusetts which provide housing and services for individuals with varied needs and income levels. Mass-ALA provides information, education, and advocacy on behalf of its members and the older adults they serve. Mass-ALA promotes a model of care which treats all residents with dignity, provides privacy, and encourages independence and freedom of choice. We are currently seeking to fill the position of Manager of Member Engagement and Business Development.
The Manager of Member Engagement and Business Development reports directly to the President and CEO and is responsible for managing membership services for Mass-ALA, growing membership, and increasing revenue in the areas of dues, advertising, and sponsorship. This includes, but is not limited to, the development and implementation of strategies to achieve sustained positive membership growth and satisfaction, reports on membership metrics, overseeing day-to-day operation of membership initiatives and leading efforts towards achievement of Mass-ALA’s strategic goals related to membership growth and engagement. Candidates should be self-starters motivated to build relationships with current and prospective provider members and business partners, and to leverage those to increase the number of members and their engagement metrics, such as registration for education and events, purchasing of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, and other areas.
Specific Duties Include:
- Lead the Association’s membership recruitment and retention.
- Visit assisted living residences and other members to increase engagement and industry knowledge.
- Generate advertising, sponsorships, and increased revenue.
- Serve as the primary contact via telephone and email for general membership inquiries.
- Track membership retention income and draft the annual budget for membership.
- Provide professional copy editing for internal and external communications on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with communication follow up to members about events and member-geared projects.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Education to run committee meetings via Zoom and take minutes.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Education to schedule and confirm presenters and communicate with attendees for recurring trainings.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Education to create and implement surveys for various trainings and education initiatives.
- Runs member virtual networking meetings via Zoom.
- Works with Marketing & Communications Manager on keeping member database up to date in Constant Contact.
- Solicits updates from members and provides content for quarterly member newsletter.
- Maintain relationships with event-related vendors and service providers.
- Work with other Mass-ALA staff to complete outgoing mass mailings as needed.
- Maintain member database by updating membership information.
- Schedule and run Boot Camp trainings, Business Partner Networking meetings, and member assisted living communities networking meetings.
- Research event venues for yearly awards dinner, conference, and other in-person events. This includes handling all contract details, venue setup, meals, and overnight reservations when necessary.
- Provide on-site support (as needed) for Nurses Training, Regulations Training, Annual Conference, Dementia Training, and additional events as needed.
- Provide registration support for Annual Awards Dinner, both for individual and group tables registration pre-event as well as on-site support at registration table at dinner.
- Provide backup for website posting and maintenance and take the lead in having the job board updated with postings for jobs within the industry.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Platform – specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Familiarity with membership databases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a small office environment and be a self-starter and team player
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
Desired qualifications but not required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in customer service or member/stakeholder relations at a not-for-profit organization, trade association, or elder services organization
- An interest in public service, public policy, and improving the lives of older adults
- Employment benefits include: competitive health and dental insurance plans that are 80% employer-paid, 401K plan with 5% employer match, 100% employer-paid life insurance coverage, salary with an annual bonus incentive program and annual salary review – along with accrued vacation, sick and personal time and 13 paid holidays.
- Office hours are Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM with a hybrid in-office and work-from-home format.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required.
- To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Christina Greenberg, Manager of Marketing & Communications at email@example.com.
Mass-ALA is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Mass-ALA are based on merit, qualifications, and skills.
Mass-ALA is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other status protected by applicable law. Mass-ALA will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
This commitment is evident in all aspects of Mass-ALA’s employment practices and policies, including recruiting, hiring, job assignment, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, benefits, and training.
Job type: Full Time
Fully remote: Hybrid
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.