Background on UTEC, INC.:
UTEC’s promise is to ignite and nurture the ambition of our most disengaged youth to trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. UTEC’s outcomes-focused model begins with intensive street outreach, reaching proven high-risk youth “where they’re at.” UTEC engages youth in workforce development and educational programs and provides intensive case management. Social justice and civic engagement are embedded in all programming.
Serving young adults throughout Merrimack Valley (Lowell, Lawrence and Haverhill), UTEC was founded in 1999 as a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young adults (ages 17-25) overcome the very real challenges of poverty, gang involvement, unemployment, and more. UTEC reaches 500+ youth annually through an evidence-based model aimed at reducing recidivism while increasing education and employment attainment. For more info, please visit www.utecinc.org.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Major Gifts Officer is responsible for an active portfolio of major donor prospects. This position will manage and cultivate relationships with new and existing major gift prospects ($10k+), creating a dynamic pipeline and managing all aspects of the donor journey.
- Managing an active portfolio of major donor prospects capable of making $1OK+ gifts, and Implement tailored strategies to move prospects through the donor cycle from identification to solicitation. This includes principal level gifts of 100k+
- Develop in-depth knowledge of UTEC Programs, Community Programs, Outreach, Partners, and Impact to effectively communicate priorities and philanthropic opportunities to external audiences
- Develop content for and draft major gift proposals and collaborate with UTEC Leadership to develop cohesive prospect strategies and engagement
- Collaborate with Operations and the Finance department to ensure gift purpose, gift documentation and reporting align with UTEC and Budget priorities
- Effectively coordinate prep of meeting materials, solicitations, stewardship reports, and communication with senior leaders, including the CEO
- Enter donor activity and strategy into Salesforce in accordance with internal best practices
- Working with Advancement Operations, identify and qualify prospects through research and regular portfolio reviews
- Working with the Annual Giving/Individual Gifts team, identify current annual donors who have the capacity to make major gifts, design and implement appropriate strategies
- Ensure consistent and timely communication throughout the Advancement team regarding prospect and donor contact and activity
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations as well as readings to keep abreast of fundraising trends
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and action by regularly assessing the UTEC’s long term goals, and act swiftly to qualify donors, solicit gifts, and secure philanthropic commitments
- Ensure accountability by setting personal expectations for donor activity and confirming commitment to Advancement Department metrics; regularly updating progress while assessing the needs of the team and self
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-6 years related experience in development with a specific focus on major giving, or equivalent combination of education and experience including demonstrated ability to raise 6 or 7 figure gifts
- Familiarity with developing and implementing sophisticated strategies for donor engagement and solicitation is required
- Ability to work independently, yet work in a centralized development structure and with colleagues from various departments across the institute.
- Excellent computer and writing/communication skills are essential.
- Experience with relationship management software
- Ability to travel locally within Merrimack Valley, and occasionally regionally and occasionally work nights and weekends to meet fundraising goals
Salary: The salary range is $80,000- $100,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday, and paid sick/personal time. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday and paid sick/personal time, opportunity for a paid sabbatical after 3 years, first-time homebuyers funding, and free counseling for all staff. Please see www.utecinc.org/jobs for more details.
Job type: Full Time
Fully remote: No
Salary range: 80,000-100,000
Location: Lowell Massachusetts
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.