Company: Serlin Haley LLP
We are seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented and enthusiastic individual to join our 50-state lobbying firm in our Boston headquarters as legislative and regulatory technologist. The successful candidate will be responsible on a regular basis for identifying relevant state legislation and regulatory proposals, tracking the progress of measures through the legislative and regulatory process, maintaining a library of legislative histories and related data, and preparing regular reports for clients.
In addition, the successful candidate will, from time to time, perform additional research projects resulting in deadline-driven reporting to clients on specific issues as they arise. Occasional coverage of events such as public hearings (both in-person and online), as well as general office duties, will also be expected.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, public policy, economics, information technology or a related field and at least 1 to 2 years relevant work experience and/or an equivalent combination of work experience and training;
- Demonstrated coding aptitude and experience, preferably in data-driven applications;
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with demonstrated experience in producing high quality, client-ready work product;
- Outstanding time management and judgement, with demonstrated proficiency in managing project priorities and a strict adherence to deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and on a team, as well as the capacity to work on multiple tasks on short notice;
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced environment;
- Professional demeanor and comfortable in client-facing situations;
- Strong work ethic, with inherent ability to “go above and beyond;”
Location: This position requires the ability to work in the downtown Boston office five days a week. Our location is accessible by all T lines and several bus routes.
Application Process: Qualified applicants should submit a CV/ resume, and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.