Company: City of Framingham
The Human Resource Generalist will support the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruiting, posting and promoting open positions, administering leaves of absence, and enforcing company policies and practices.
1. Recruit and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with department managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
2. Conduct or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
3. Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to leaves of absence; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
4. Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
5. Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations.
6. Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
7. Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
• At least three (3) years of experience in human resources or a related field
• Must have a valid driver’s license
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job may also be considered.
Working Knowledge of The Following:
• Employment-related laws and regulations
The Ability To:
• Lead, plan, organize and collaborate with others
• Act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
• Communicate effectively and concisely, both in writing and verbally
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all city employees and potential employees
• Recognize city-wide priorities and work cooperatively to support their accomplishment
• Prioritize multiple tasks and deal effectively with interruptions, often under considerable time pressure
• Learn independently
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
• Public Speaking
• Organization and attention to detail
• Interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
• Problem Solving
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn HRIS and talent management systems
This position reports to and is evaluated by the Director of Human Resources
Job type: Full Time
Fully remote: No
Salary range: $55,246 – $60,995
Location: Framingham, MA
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.