Company: Office of the Attorney General
Grants Program Manager
The Attorney General’s Office (AGO) is the state’s chief law enforcement office, charged with a broad mission to promote the wellbeing of Massachusetts residents, including protecting consumers and the environment, safeguarding civil rights, ensuring public safety, and advancing economic opportunity. A central means of advancing its mission is through the management of settlement-funded grants awarded to non-profit organizations, municipalities, and related entities. In recent years, the AGO has created and launched numerous grant programs, including programs that promote racial equity in the treatment of opioid use disorder; support small businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic; provide relief for consumers experiencing difficulty with affording their home heating costs; and increase youth employment. Additionally, the AGO applies for federal grants to further support the work it undertakes on behalf of Massachusetts families and residents.
Primary Duties: The Grants Program Manager will assist the Director of Grants Management in the management of multiple grant programs that support the strategic priorities of the AGO. Duties will include facilitating the initial request for grant proposals; reviewing grant application materials; updating program guidelines; contracting with grantees; reviewing programmatic and fiscal reports; ensuring timely and accurate disbursal of grant funds; providing technical assistance to grantees; ensuring successful grantee program completion; and other tasks, as assigned by the Director. Minimal travel to grantee sites in Massachusetts may be required. This position will primarily assist with settlement-funded grant programs with the potential to develop skills in federal grant management on an as-needed basis.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree a plus;
• A minimum of two years’ experience in public sector/non-profit initiatives, program development, and/or grants management;
• Commitment to public service;
• Ability to manage a portfolio of multiple programs independently;
• Financial competence in program budget oversight and payments coordination;
• Ability to oversee grantee reporting and coordinate grantee site visits;
• Experience synthesizing data and creating program reports;
• Strong organizational and analytical skills;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and ability to use basic database management systems;
• Ability to effectively engage with external parties and provide technical assistance to grantees;
• Experience in managing multiple responsibilities;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in team environments;
• A self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized work style;
• Prior experience with federal grant programs preferred, although not required.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a connection to the people and communities we serve, including historically marginalized communities, and an interest in supporting a respectful and inclusive work environment.
Please Note: COVID-19 vaccines are required of all AGO employees. Absent an approved medical or religious accommodation or pregnancy exemption, all new hires must be fully vaccinated prior to beginning employment with the AGO. Additionally, new hires are required to receive their first booster shot prior to the start of their employment, or within 30 days of eligibility, absent an approved medical or religious accommodation or pregnancy exemption. Our hybrid model includes some telework days for most positions.
Position Type: Full-Time/Exempt
Salary: $60,000 to $65,000, commensurate with experience.
Application Process: To apply for this position, visit the AGO website’s jobs portal at www.mass.gov/ago/employment to register and create a profile, upload your cover letter and resume, and submit an application. Candidates may only apply directly using the AGO’s online Employment and Recruitment jobs portal. Our hybrid model includes some telework days for most positions.
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will gladly assist applicants in need of an accommodation. For assistance, contact the Human Resources Division at (617) 963-2041.
Inquiries regarding position & status may be made to:
Sandra Waters, Executive Assistant
The Attorney General’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As the representative of the Commonwealth and its residents, the Attorney General’s Office strives to ensure that those working in our office reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. The Office encourages applicants from a broad spectrum of backgrounds to apply for positions.
Job type: Full Time
Fully remote: Hybrid
Salary range: $60,000 to $65,000
Location: Boston, MA
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.