Company: New Politics
About New Politics:
Now, more than ever, we need leaders committed to putting country before party, and service before self. Republican or Democrat, our democracy, and our country, desperately need our best leaders running for office – ones who forged their skills serving the country – to restore faith and trust throughout our politics.
New Politics was founded in 2013 to transform government by recruiting, developing, and electing servant leaders with the highest caliber of integrity, courage, and empathy. At a time when the number of service veterans in Congress is at an all-time low, New Politics is working to help servant leaders overcome the traditional barriers to entering the political arena.
New Politics recruits, develops, incubates, elects, and advises candidates and their campaigns. We are there to support our candidates throughout the entirety of their journey. In the last three cycles, we have helped 164 campaigns across eight levels of government, winning 122 primary and 75 general elections on both sides of the aisle.
We are seeking a Fundraising Manager to support the fundraising operation of the organization and our servant leaders who are running for office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coach and advise down-ballot campaigns on fundraising, including mentoring and coaching the candidate and/or relevant campaign staff
- Facilitate finance-related programming and training
- Conduct donor prospecting research and prepare briefs
- Work closely with the Director of Development to ensure events are well attended, operationally sound, and properly executed
- Organize and update CRM database, donor data, and donor pipeline
- Manage operational processes including deposits and compliance
- Develop and evolve New Politics materials to help guide campaigns in fundraising strategy and execution
- Collaborate across New Politics to execute fundraising deliverables
The ideal candidate has the following skills/experience:
- One or more cycle(s) or political campaign experience in fundraising OR one or more years working at a political, non-profit, or issue-advocacy organization in fundraising
- Experience executing fundraising events from start to finish
- People person with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Managing both high-dollar and grassroots donors tactfully and gracefully
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Solving for problems beyond a given scope of work
- Passion for fundraising
Any member of the New Politics team should possess the following characteristics:
- Represent and “live” the NP values of servant leadership: courage, integrity, and empathy
- Growth mindset, openness to feedback, and desire to grow with the team
- Comfort in a direct, feedback- and results-oriented culture
- Thrives in an ambiguous, evolving environment
- Hustle, grit, and perseverance
- Ability to think critically and make decisions
- Ability to problem solve and execute solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational abilities
- Commitment to mission and belief in the theory of change that states servant leadership will transform our politics and revitalize our democracy
Salary and Benefits: New Politics offers generous health benefits, group life insurance, FSA and Dependent FSA, cell reimbursement, flexible vacation policy, professional coaching, professional development opportunities, and competitive paid family/medical leave. Starting salary at $70,000 and commensurate with experience.
This is a remote position with an option to potentially work in person at our office in Boston. Occasional travel, as well as evening and weekend work, may be required as job duties demand.
If interested, please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line, Fundraising Manager Role.
New Politics is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. New Politics is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment.
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.