Company: The Welcome Party
Organization: The Welcome Party (www.thewelcomeparty.org)
Reports to: COO
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Boston, Massachusetts – this position is 50% remote, 50% in person in the Boston office.
About The Welcome Party
The Welcome Party, a Massachusetts-registered 501(c)4 non-profit, launched in 2020 ahead of the presidential primaries to engage independent voters and advocate for a Big-Tent Democratic Party. Turning out less partisan, more moderate voters in New Hampshire and South Carolina not only moderated the primary electorate, but demonstrated new energy among centrist Democrats to shift the narrative back towards the strength of moderates. After January 6, The Welcome Party launched WelcomePAC to support moderate Democrat candidates with cross-partisan credentials who can win over independent voters and beat democracy-undermining Republicans in swing districts.
The Welcome Party and WelcomePAC have raised more than $1.7 million so far this cycle. The work of The Welcome Party and WelcomePAC is tied together with a broader theory of action published weekly in reflections on our Substack newsletter. Our work and perspective have been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN Politics, NBC News, Slate, The Bulwark, The Atlantic, and The Hill.
This position will be charged with executing daily administrative priorities, managing email and calendar for two senior team members, maintaining crucial team data and records, and providing support to critical team meetings and events. A highly successful Executive Assistant will enhance the leadership team’s effectiveness and make achievement of team goals possible. This role is based in the Boston, MA area but may require occasional travel for executive and team events and meetings.
- Managing the in-box and calendar of one senior team member, including prioritizing items requiring response, proactively responding to and scheduling meeting requests, anticipating meeting preparation needs and pulling together necessary materials
- Managing the calendar of one senior team manager including proactively responding to and scheduling meeting requests and preparing support materials for meetings and travel
- Managing the scheduling of meetings involving key stakeholders for the team
- Managing hotel, conference room and other needs for the monthly full team in-person meetings
- Managing the accounts receivable/payable function by reviewing and getting approval of invoices and contracts, supporting payroll processing (Gusto), reviewing and processing reimbursement requests, and being the primary point of contact for our bookkeeping firm
- Other duties as assigned
- Supporting team projects and goals by updating databases
- Maintaining organizational files including mail, organizational documents, contracts, HR files, accounting files, taxes, application access/passwords and other key documents
- Coordinating with The Welcome Party partners, other stakeholders, and the team as required
- Supporting the maintenance of records and communications with donors, key stakeholders, and partners on behalf of The Welcome Party
- The Executive Assistant will be engaged in high-level internal and external conversations that require discretion and maintaining confidentiality
- High School Diploma or GED;
- At least 5 years experience providing administrative support to an executive level position OR At least 5 years of experience providing project management support to an executive level team;
- Experience in database management (Salesforce, Excel), email and calendar management, Google Suite applications.
- Experience with project management tools (Asana);
- Donor communications experience is ideal.
How do I know this job is for me?
- You enjoy being very organized and creating organization for new, complex and/or ambiguous projects;
- You are comfortable being proactive, including making unprompted suggestions for options or solutions to an issue, identifying items needing attention and creating plans to address them, seeing opportunities for activities to be improved;
- You thrive on picking up new ideas or tasks and mastering them quickly without extensive oversight or management;
- You like to “get things done” and get a sense of accomplishment from producing high quality work products;
- You are responsible and reliable with large and important tasks; you are careful to protect key relationships.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application here: The Welcome Party Job Application. You will receive a response on your application within one week.
Pay & Benefits
Base pay salary is competitive based on experience; the base pay starting salary is $65,000.
- PTO: The Welcome Party Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan provides for you to earn 20 days of PTO per year, usable for sick leave, vacation or other time needed away from work. The policy allows you to carry 40 hours (5 days) of unused time to the next year.
- 401k: The Welcome Party provides a retirement savings plan through Guidestar. The Welcome Party matches 100% of your contributions up to 3% of pay and matches 50% of your contributions on the next 2% of pay.
- Technology Stipend: A $1000 technology allowance paid out as a one-time taxable payment through payroll to offset costs related to internet service and devices needed to support your work (phone / laptop etc), usable for whatever tech costs you choose through the year.
Job type: Full Time
Fully remote: Hybrid
Salary range: $65,000-$85,000
Location: Boston, MA
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.