Company: Mosaic Lowell
Mosaic Lowell is an arts, cultural and creative economy plan that will:
- create a strong network of communications, collaborations, and partnerships across organizations, businesses, sectors, cultures, and demographics.
- help bring additional resources to Lowell’s Arts and Culture (A&C) community and insure their equitable distribution
- help elevate the perception of Lowell and its A&C community as a place to live, work and visit
- bring arts programming and opportunities to every neighborhood and support culture and independent businesses throughout the city.
- enhance lifelong learning opportunities, including school opportunities, in arts, culture, and making for Lowell residents.
- integrate arts and culture in mainstream City planning initiatives and investments.
The full Arts, Culture & Creative Economy plan can be found at www.mosaiclowell.org/plan/
The Mosaic Lowell Director will lead the implementation of the Plan’s goals and vision through building collaborations between stakeholders including arts organizations, cultural organizations, businesses, educational institutions, city personnel, and community leaders and making informed choices about the application of Mosaic’s human and financial resources and brand. This is a grant-funded position with the initial three years already secured. This position will be supported by a full-time administrator.
- Be responsible for the planning & direction of the organization’s operations and programs
- Establish priorities for the initial 1-3 years of the plan’s implementation in collaboration with the Executive and Advisory Committees
- Manage a staff person and work with volunteers
- Establish and oversee working groups tasked with implementation activities
- Build new networks of artists, arts and cultural organizations, institutions of higher learning, the business community, schools, and other local stakeholders
- Review and approve requests for event/program sponsorship, with guidance of Advisory Committee and Mosaic Lowell’s priorities
- Manage Mosaic’s finances, including annual budget planning, tracking, and reporting
- Track and report on the organizations’ results and accomplishments, including periodic reports to funders as requested
- Explore opportunities to expand the current funding resources
- Serve as the public face of Mosaic Lowell, representing the organization at key events throughout Lowell
- Oversee Mosaic Lowell’s marketing, social media, and web presence
Skills and Experience
- 5 years or more of experience working in leadership positions in not-for-profit, economic, or business development, or cultural planning sectors
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
Skills and Experience, cont.
- Enthusiasm for expanding access to arts and cultural programming, with a particular focus on engaging underserved constituencies
- This position entails maintaining significant interaction with arts, cultural and creative economy organizations throughout Lowell, with the ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- While time in the office is required there is flexibility to work externally as needed
- Demonstrated experience with managing multi-sector relationships and collaborative consensus-building
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to build consensus among stakeholders from all backgrounds and levels of professional experience
- Ability to straddle the worlds of arts and culture, business, and philanthropy
- Familiarity with economic development, public art projects, arts & culture organizations, and/or creative economy businesses a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Khmer a plus
This is a full-time salaried position employed by the Greater Lowell Community Foundation. Salary range is $75,000 to $85,000, and will be commensurate with experience and includes health insurance and other benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 30, 2023.
The Greater Lowell Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and hires without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
Job type: Full Time
Fully remote: Hybrid
Salary range: $75-85,000/year
Location: Lowell Massachusetts
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.