Company: Massachusetts Housing Partnership
Are you interested in using your data and communications skills to make a difference in expanding affordable homeownership opportunities in Massachusetts?
MHP, a non-profit public agency, is a national leader in affordable housing finance. When breakthrough studies linked a racial wealth gap to unequal access to homeownership opportunities, MHP worked in collaboration with key partners in the non-profit, public, and private banking worlds to create its flagship home buying program, now called the ONE Mortgage Program, MHP has spent 30 years helping over 24,000 low- to moderate-income first-time homebuyers—half of whom are people of color—achieve their dream of homeownership. MHP has continued to grow and manage critical programs, most recently with the ONE+Boston Program, the Massachusetts Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) and the MassDREAMS Program. This is an exciting opportunity to join MHP’s Homeownership team at a time when our programs and impact are growing rapidly.
At MHP we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Current Opportunity: The Data and Communications Analyst provides critical support to the Homeownership management team related to our data and communications workstreams. Primary responsibilities are focused on data management and analysis, content creation, and communication strategies that connect us with more homebuyers and strengthen relationships with non-profit, government, community, and lending partners. Additional responsibilities include system and application design and optimization, and report creation and refinement.
Primary objectives of the role include working with large datasets containing loan portfolio data, keeping data and information organized, generating content for various audiences, maintaining and enhancing the Homeownership team’s various systems, applications, and websites, and creating informational and visually compelling reports for both internal and external audiences. This role will work with partners across the Homeownership and Public Affairs teams on a variety of programs including ONE Mortgage, ONE+Boston, MassDREAMS, and Mass HAF.
MHP offers a hybrid workplace with 1-2 days per week in our Boston office and up to 3-4 days per week remote. MHP employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption per our vaccination policy.
Below are some of the ways you will spend your day as a Data and Communications Analyst:
- Perform data collection tasks and database management as they pertain to our residential loan pipeline and portfolio
- Conduct internal analyses to support MHP’s Homeownership team in its efforts to make informed policy decisions as they relate to our programs
- Conduct market research and data analysis to inform and enhance our program design and implementation efforts
- Create data visualizations that effectively communicate quantitative information to a wide, non-technical audience
- Maintain and enhance homeownership-related information on MHP’s public-facing website
- Partner with others to create social media content for a variety of audiences including prospective first-time homebuyers, lenders, non-profit partners, state and local officials, and other program stakeholders
- Monitor website analytics and social media performance statistics
- Manage the homeownership team’s paid advertising campaigns
- Collaborate with others to generate regular newsletter updates to our various audiences
Systems and Applications
- Serve as the main point of contact and in-house expert for both internal and external stakeholders regarding the use of our customer relationship management and loan management systems
- Play a leading role in the development and implementation of new or replacement systems as needed
- Manage relationships with external vendors and software developers
- Manage system issue logs and ensure that remedies are completed in a timely and effective manner
- Produce and refine a series of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, including:
- Pipeline reports
- Delinquency and default reports and comparisons
- Goals reports
- Programmatic snapshots
- Other reports as needed
Benefits our employees value:
MHP understands that benefits are an important consideration when looking for a new role. We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Hybrid and flexible work schedule
- Health insurance through the state’s Group Insurance Commission
- 403b retirement plans with match up to 10% and immediate vesting
- Annual 5-week paid time off (PTO) benefit
- Fully paid group term life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
- Dental insurance through Metlife with 90% of premium paid by MHP
- Medical and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Public transportation reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development assistance
- First time homebuyer assistance
- Home office benefit
Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrated comfort and ability working with large and complex datasets
- Creative problem solving and the ability to seek out new analytical resources and techniques
- Social media and digital marketing skills
- Experience managing and conducting research projects
- Experience designing and implementing systems and applications
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Graphic Design or data visualization skills (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in public policy, data science or related field, or equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated interest in affordable housing, community development, or public policy
- Excellent research, writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Relevant job experience strongly preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work effectively both independently and as part of a team
MHP is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present military service, status as an individual with a disability, or any other legally protected characteristics. MHP is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Job type: Full Time
Fully remote: Hybrid
Location: Boston, MA
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.