Company: Mass Audubon
Mass Audubon’s Policy and Advocacy team is working to implement strong public policies and programs that advance our Action Agenda goals and objectives: driving rapid implementation of ambitious climate action, increasing access to nature, and restoring and building the resilience of our natural and working lands.
We seek an experienced and skilled Climate Policy Analyst and researcher to join our growing team. Examples of current projects include:
- Analyzing siting and environmental impacts of clean energy resources (i.e., solar, wind),
- Researching innovative approaches to increase the contribution of nature-based solutions to climate mitigation goals,
- Supporting the drafting of legislative proposals for increasing annual funding for protection of natural lands,
- Communication to activate our growing network of grassroots advocates around policy actions for nature and climate,
- Assisting with project management for related strategy initiatives and product development.
The Climate Policy Analyst will play a vital role in our team’s efforts to develop and share new thought leadership in the form of science-based research reports and analyses, fact sheets, blogs, and other communication products. By providing high-quality research, analysis, and synthesis of data and evidence, the Climate Policy Analyst will enhance the credibility of our policy priorities and positions and help us execute and win campaigns for climate and nature across the state and region. They will support our issue-based advocacy campaigns, and communicate and broadly disseminate policy outcomes. They will also plan for and manage individual tasks and projects, and help to increase the effectiveness of our team’s policy work.
Job type: Full Time
Fully remote: Hybrid
Location: Lincoln Massachusetts
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.