Company: Massachusetts School Building Authority
Department: Capital Planning
Reports To: Design Director
Rate: $49,860 to $59,832
Provide technical assistance on all aspects of the architectural and programming work that will be part of the application, due diligence, approval, design development and review process of public K-12 school construction and renovation projects. Assist in reviewing project submittals, conducting technical analysis on projects, and generating internal and external communications and presentations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for projects as they proceed through study, design, bidding, construction, and commissioning.
- Provide support for technical reviews of plans, specifications and cost estimates prepared by consultants to ensure compliance with program criteria, building code requirements, and procurement regulations and statutes.
- Support architectural and project management staff in issuing memoranda and other documentation on review findings and recommendations and meet to discuss findings with other MSBA staff members, design consultants, owner’s project managers, and local school districts.
- Assist project management staff in evaluating plans as part of the MSBA’s Design Standards/Design Review process.
- Assist project management staff in conducting technical evaluations to support studies of school design issues and concepts, building code issues, project cost data, and proposed legislation and regulations to determine their effect on MSBA programs.
- Assist in documenting MSBA standards, procedures, and advisories as required.
- Assist in the development and participate in training programs targeted to programmatic, procedural and technical issues and designed to enhance and develop K-12 school construction and modernization procedures and policies.
- Carry out and/or direct special technical studies alone, or in cooperation with other staff members.
- Provide technical and administrative support in the preparation of technical reports, project reviews and recommendations to the MSBA Board of Directors, internal and external training program materials, and presentation materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture I Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited program; preparing for architectural licensure.
- Up to three years related architectural experience (AlA Emerging Professional on the Path to Licensure Levels 1-2).
- Active enrollment and in good standing in the National Council of Architectural Registration Board (NCARB) Intern-Development Program (IDP).
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point; knowledge
of spreadsheet-based data analysis; knowledge of CAD, 3D modeling, and Adobe Design Suite
software packages. Tableau experience preferred.
- Familiarity with all phases of the design process from concept feasibility studies, facility
assessments, educational programming, design development, and development of
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional interpersonalstyle; ability to interact and build trust with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions and to-prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a group.
- Exhibit a ‘can-do’ attitude and flexible work style approach.
This job description is intended to be general and will evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.
For consideration, please email cover letter and resume to: Human.ResourcesAdmin@MassSchoolBuildings.org. Please indicate job in the subject line.
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.