Company: Massachusetts Technology Collaborative
The Account Manager is responsible for providing HIE (Health Information Exchange) focused consulting and account management services to healthcare organizations as part of the Provider Consulting Services to Promote Health Information Exchange Adoption and Utilization contract between the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) and Mass Tech.
MeHI seeks a highly organized and motivated individual to join our team as an Account Manager for the Mass HIway. The Account Manager will be responsible for providing HIE (Health Information Exchange) focused consulting and account management services to healthcare organizations, assisting in implementing HIE technologies, supporting the development of use cases and workflows, and educating providers about the use of direct messaging and the Statewide ENS Framework to promote interoperability, improve patient care and increase access to public health data. (This is a non-sales job).
Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission of enhanced patient care coordination and improved public health reporting to improve the health and wellbeing of all in the state. Healthcare organizations continue to be resource-strained in their effort to support their patients. Become an integral part of helping these organizations improve their process of sharing, reconciling and analyzing Protected Health Information (PHI) to facilitate better management of the quality and cost of care.
** This position may be based out of either our Westborough or Boston offices. There is a minimum hybrid work requirement of two days a week. **
Relationship Management and Consulting
- Support the efforts of EOHHS’ Mass HIway HIE efforts, including but not limited to Direct Messaging, Event Notification Services (ENS), Public Health APIs, and Provider Directory
- Engage prospective participants to promote the use of HIE technology (Enrollment), and support the enrolled participants by providing account management services.
- Identify prospective participants and valuable trading partners for them through engagement with current HIway participants or identification through other state initiatives (such as MassHealth ACOs, Community Partners Program)
- Communicate with these prospective participants in one-on-one or group settings explaining the capabilities of an HIE and benefits of participating in an HIE
- Evaluate technical alternatives and work with participant organization and any necessary vendors to select the most appropriate connectivity approaches
- Complete the technical assessments of Health IT requirements for provider organizations, as needed; build upon these completed assessments by developing HIE focused projects with input from the participant organization and the rest of the project team
- Review inactive domains, webmail user, and other reports provided and facilitate required follow up by Account Managers
- Work with organizations to help them understand the benefits of integrating HIE technology into their business/clinical practices and workflows, and provide consulting and advisory services to help them use HIE technology to support their high value use cases
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and participate in meetings and calls as needed
- Facilitate calls and in-person meetings with provider organizations, trading partners, Mass HIway team, and vendors as needed to progress HIE projects
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on these projects
- Identify and solve problems that inhibit the successful electronic exchange of information between trading partners
- Present on HIE-related topics (Provider Directory, ENS, Query HIE) during MeHI-facilitated webinars as needed
- Provide content for and support the development and distribution of materials explaining HIEs and the Mass HIway, including brochures, presentations, web content, HIE case studies, operational guides and implementation guides
- Maintain records of meetings and calls with assigned organizations in Sugar CRM
- Participate in the development of project tools that document the current and future states for technological and workflow capabilities for use on HIE projects, presentations, brochures and evaluation tools to measure the outcomes of an HIE project by providing content and subject matter expertise
- Attend quarterly HIT Council Meetings
- Attend meetings with MeHI staff and Mass HIway’s Operations Manager on a regular basis
- Maintain knowledge of federal and state HIE priorities and standards, and statewide health initiatives that will be supported by the use of health information exchange (e.g. 21st Century CURES Act, Massachusetts Public Health Reporting Requirements)
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify issues, trends and opportunities to promote health information exchange and digital health initiatives.
- Perform additional tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the MeHI Director, the MassTech Executive Director or their designee.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in health care, technology, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of work experience in a health care technology, community-based or private health care setting, including public sectors, with demonstrated experience planning or implementing eHealth solutions.
- Experience consulting on electronic health records or health information exchange implementations is highly encouraged.
- Successful project management or related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Ability to work successfully and collaboratively as part of a team and with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, research solutions and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex issues and design and deliver creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of constituencies across community, industry and political domains.
- Outstanding attention to detail and a keen focus on producing accurate, high-quality work.
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage complex projects to successful completion
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office.
** COVID-19 VACCINATION STATUS IS REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT **
** PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES CANDIDATES TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN WESTBOROUGH OR BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS AT LEAST TWO DAYS PER WEEK. THIS IS NOT A FULL-TIME REMOTE POSITION. **
MassTech operates on a hybrid work schedule.
Job type: Full Time
Fully remote: Hybrid
Location: Westborough, M
Subscribe to MASSterList
Start your morning with MASSterList’s chronicle of news and informed analysis about politics, policy, media, and influence in Massachusetts. Plus, get an inside look at Beacon Hill’s hottest new job postings.